Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bissell 37604 Lift-Off Revolution Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Detachable Canister,


Bissell 37604 Lift-Off Revolution Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Detachable Canister, Silver
Bissell Upright Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - With 12 amps of power, this bagless upright vacuum cleaner thoroughly cleans pet hair and more from carpet and bare floors. The unit's easy-empty bagless dirt container means no more bags to buy, while its HEPA media filter captures over 99.9-percent of pet dander, dust mites, pollens, and ragweeds. The vacuum cleaner comes equipped with a lift-off canister that detaches for cleaning stairs, pet beds, and hard-to-reach areas. In addition, its Pet Hair TurboBrush works li (37604IM)

Holy semi-sweet canister, Batman - mostly better than my Dyson!

So I have a 5+ y.o. Dyson animal. It makes dh very angry that it has lost suction. B/c I have good reason to believe he is either 1) going to smash it or 2) send it to get looked at, I bought this to live upstairs for the inevitable day the dyson disappears. So be warned, I am directly comparing it to the dyson which DID lose suction.

Pros:
-Removable canister - hello! Awesome for the cars and stairs - a 15 amp portable, unheard of!

-Woopidy doo - the rollers can be turned off at the touch of an easily accessible button (better for hardwood)

- all the attachments, like, attach to the vac (serious pet peeve of mine with the dyson)

- headlight (I like the feature, but doubt it is actually useful)

- very low profile in the front (e.g. it actually slides under my footboard without me having to Atlas to heave it up).

- Acceptable suction (it picked up way more than the ailing dyson)

- 3 filters

- Filter cleanliness indicator for upper replaceable filter

- canister sucks the dirt to the side, which seems to limit it getting in to the upper (non-washable) filter

-Price - it is a bargain seeing as it is worth 1 vacuum + 1 hand vac

Cons:

-What! Small, small canister - seriously I though the whole front was the canister, but it is TINY (like 1/3 of the Dyson's size) -1 star for this

- I dislike that the canister is open when you pull it out, the dyson's closed system is a much, much better design

- a little worried that the 3 prongs the lift-off canister attaches to may be damaged easily

- Color - I like my crazy green and purple color scheme

- weight - I think it is okay seeing as I am going to use it upstairs, and remove the canister for the stairs, and keep the dyson to do the downstairs, but I would be mighty irritated at hauling this sucker (pun intended) up and down the stairs.

-After doing my bedroom (and not filling up the canister 100%) there was already some dust visible in the upper filter. That's worrisome.



No comments:

Post a Comment