Sunday, November 30, 2008

Miele S4780 Orion Galaxy Canister Vacuum ( Black )


Miele S4780 Orion Galaxy Canister Vacuum ( Black )
The Miele S4780 Orion Galaxy Canister Vacuum is the vacuum people swear by. Its powerful suction and multiple features give you a cleaner floor with less effort. Filter grill Deluxe handle assembly Safety shut-off for overheating Thermal indicator Space-saving storage bracket on side of vacuum Active HEPA filter (1 supplied) Accessories - Stainless steel tri-scoping telescopic wand, non-electric hose, natural bristle dusting brush, upholstery nozzle, crevice tool Uses Miele Type-I bags Color - Black

Customer Review: gave 5 months of good use, and THEN....

I fell in love with this vacuum the moment I started using it. It was quiet, it maneuvered beautifully, and it picked virtually everything up. I felt uneasy buying such an expensive vacuum when my kenmore worked fine, but after using it, I thought, FINALLY, something for my money's worth. Well, 5 months later, the vacuum started losing suction and the power bar kept going to its lowest setting on its own. I changed the dust bag, thinking it was full (even though the dust bag indicator hadn't turned on, being one of its features), but the same problem. Then I thought it was the battery, so I opened the battery compartment, only to see that it was one of those tiny round batteries you'd have to buy especially for the vacuum. Going back to the operating manual, I read that I only had to change the battery once every 18 months, so I tried to close the battery compartment back up.,..to no avail. It just wouldn't close back properly! My husband tried to push the compartment back in, but even he couldn't do it. With a half-closed battery compartment, I called the Miele # on the manual. The closest local dealer is about an hour away, and it's not like they'd fix it on the spot. I'd have to drop it off, then pick it up. Packing the vacuum back up to ship it to the warranty center is going to take too long. I'd be without a vacuum cleaner for God knows how long???!!! I have 3 toddlers and 1 baby, and frankly, this is ridiculous. I can't believe I paid so much money for only 5 months of use.


Vacuums Cleaner

No comments:

Post a Comment