Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hoover 5507-900


Hoover 5507-900 Elite Auto-Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

we do not need no stinking Wands! 5
This vacuum is great. yes, the rewind feature is awesome but also the sheer sucking power of this vac will have you wonder why you ever sat on your carpet without cleaning it with this sucker fist.

Great features:
clear canister so all the dirt-a-phobes can see all the Filth they are sucking up
canister has a thumb release so your hands do not have to get near the dust
super easy assebly
on off power switch at the base of the vac so you can turn it on with a toe
lightweight for a strong vac
Snappy red color
no bags and a lifetime HEPA filter (easy to wash)
3 levels of adjustment for bare floors, burbers longer and thick carpets

Oh yeah and it does not cost a lot and you do get an attachment for pet hair that works great on just about anything .. Lampshades etc.

Update: 2009 and I still have mine going strong despite a nicked cord (my fault) and babysitting the hairiest dog on the planet. The giant hair balls clogged the intake hose, but I just had to detach it and take the garden hose and blast out the clogs. New rule to live by: Do not let a dog into your house who's coat is in the "blow" stage.

So far it's great4
I researched tons of vacuum before purchasing this one. I wanted the best I could get for around $ 100 This is the first time I've owned a bagless vacuum and I was a bit concerned that it would be messy to empty it. Turns out not to be a problem. Everything detach easily. If you were to open it over the garbage and shake it out, then some of the dust will fly around cause of the shaking. I just set it in a plastic bag, open, and lift it up and everything comes out in the mess free bag. The automatic cord rewind thing was not a selling point for me when I purchased it, but now I do not ever want to own a vacuum without it - it's so convenient. I gave it four stars only because it is a little bit heavy, but not too much to be a problem for me.

Superb Performance5
Having two different Eureka Optima's break within a six month period, I Figured it was a sign to maybe try a different make and model. Then I saw this and Hoover Figured I'd give it a try. I'll admit I was a little unsure at first because it was a little too big, especially for my apartment. But wow, was I surprised by it's performance and features. Setup was a breeze, took five minutes and a phillips screwdriver. The retractable cord is an awesome feature, but by far my favorite feature has to be how you release the dust cup. It's just common sense, but took forever for someone to realize "Hmmm, let's make it easy and prevent dirt going everywhere by having the cup release from the BOTTOM!" And you can do it one handed, with the flick of your thumb. Storage is the same as my old Optima, it's just a little taller, but I can tell this badboy is going to be around for a long long time. Five stars all the ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment