Friday, July 11, 2008

Remanufactured Dirt Devil R082500 Breeze Vision Bagless Canister Vacuum


Remanufactured Dirt Devil R082500 Breeze Vision Bagless Canister Vacuum
Customer Review: Defective wand and Dirt Devil customer service won't help

This is a cautionary tale. If you have problems with your unit you may not be able to solve them with Dirt Devil. Here's the story:

I received my Breeze vacuum yesterday. It came very quickly (thanks Amazon) and looked spiffy and new even though it's a refurb model. When I tried to put it together I discovered that one of the two plastic wands had an obstruction that prevented it from locking into position.

I called Dirt Devil customer support and after the standard 7 minute wait I got a customer rep. At first she told me that my unit only had one wand. Then after pulling up some more information said that yes, one wand was bad. She told me I had to call a different line and make arrangements to drive to a service center and exchange the wand. She gave me the number. I actually hung up before realizing what she was asking me to do. As it turns out, the nearest service center is 21 miles away. That's a 42 mile round trip! This for a part that is sold by Dirt Devil for $2.68.

I called back. Seven minutes on hold. I talked to another rep. She told me the same thing. I asked to talk to a supervisor. Five minutes on hold. The supervisor tells me they will not send me a replacement wand. I have to drive to a service center. I ask to speak to her boss. She says fine and puts me on hold again. After 5 minutes on hold again I hung up.

Fortunately, Amazon makes it easy to return things. But what a frustrating experience.

This vacuum may be the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know. I haven't turned it on. All I know is that Dirt Devil didn't stand behind their product and didn't care what kind of hassle they caused me. So I'm giving Dirt Devil the one star rating. I don't know about the vacuum. Looks cute.


Tags : Vacuum Cleaner , Vacuum , Vacuum Cleaner Review

No comments:

Post a Comment